Nagarjuna Akkineni is one of the Popular actors who ruled the Telugu Cinema in 1980, 1990. He is the son of Evergreen hero Dr Akkineni Nageshwara Rao and father of hero Naga Chaithanya. Nagarjuna born on 29th of August 1959 at Chennai.
He has come down to Hyderabad along with his father in late 70’s. His schooling was at Hyderabad.
He is a mechanical Engineering graduate from Anna University, Chennai. He also has done Automoble Engineering Course at Eastern Michigan University.
He entered the celluloid world as a Child artist in his father’s film Sudigundalu directed by Adurthi Subba Rao. He has opened his account in the Telugu Cinema as a hero with the film Vikram (1986). The turning point in his acting career were the films Shiva Geethanjali and Manmadhudu.
The short list of Nagurjuna acted films:
- Vikram (1986)
- Captain Nagarjuna (1986)
- Majnu (1987)
- Collectaru gari Abbayi (1987)
- Agni Puthrudu (1987)
- Kirayi Dada (1987)
- Aakhari Poratam (1988)
- Chinnababu (1988)
- Janakiramudu (1988)
- Vijay (1989)
- Geethanjali (1989)
- Shiva (1989)
- Nirnayam (1991)
- Killer (1992)
- Antham (1992)
- Presidentu Gari Pellam (1992)
- Allari Alludu (1993)
- Govinda Govinda (1993)
- Criminal (1994)
- Hello Brother (1994)
- Sisindri (1995)
- Gharana Bullodu (1995)
- Ninne Pelladatha (1996)
- Annamayya (1997)
- Aavida maa Avide (1998)
- Seetharamaraju (1999)
- Azad (2000)
- Nuvvu Vasthavani (2000)
- Snehamante Idera (2001)
- Santhosham (2002)
- Manmadhudu (2003)
- Sivamani (2003)
- Mass (2004)
- Super (2005)
- Sri Ramadasu (2006)
- Don (2007)
- King (2008)
- Ragada (2010)
- Payanam (2011)
- Rajanna (2011)
Ready for relese films:
- Shiridi Sai
- Love Story
Awards for Nagarjuna as actor:
- Vamsee Berkeley Award 1986 as best actor for the film Vikram.
- Bharathmuni Award 1989 as best actor for the film Geethanjali.
- Vamsee Berkeley Award 1989 as best actor for the film Shiva.
- Filmfare Award (south) for the year 1990 as best actor for the film Shiva.
- Filmfare Award (south) for the year 1997 as best actor for the film Annamayya.
- Nandi Award 1997 as best actor for the film Annamayya.
- Bharathmuni Award 1997 as best actor for the film Annamayya.
- Nandi Award 2002 as best actor for the film Santhosham.
- Nandi Award 2006 as best actor for the film Sri Ramadasu.
Awards to Nagarjuna as Producer:
- Filmfare Award (South) 1996 for the film Ninne Pelladatha as best feature film.
- National Film Award 1997 for the film Ninne Pelladatha as best feature film in Telugu.
- Nandi Award 1999 for the film Prema Katha as 3rd best Telugu feature film.
- Nandi Award 2002 for the film Manmadhudu as the Best Telugu Feature film.
Idi tholi rathri Kadalani rathri Kadhala rathri neevu naaku nenu neeku cheppukunna kadhala rathri …Preyasi rave…oorvasi rave… is the song from the film Majnu (1987). Nagarjuna presented the song on screen in an unforgettable way.
S P Balasubramanyam is the singer for the above song for which music composed by Lakshmikanth-Pyarelal (popular Hindi Music directors). Nagarjuna has taken all the care and made the movie Manmadhudu more hilarious with excellent dialogues by Trivikram Srinivas. Brahmanandam and Nagarjuna provided the best comedy in the film.
Nagarjuna Akkineni has developed his own style of acting and dialogue delivery.
An Engineer by study is engineering the Telugu films in a perfect way. Steering in towards success as a studio owner, producer and as an Hotelier apart from being an actor.
Evergreen Hero Dr Akkineni Nageswara Rao has acted in films like Viprnarayana, Mahakavi Kalidas, Bhaktha Tukharam, Chakradhari. Likewise following his father, Nagarjuna has lived in the characters of Annamayya, Sri Ramadasu and now with Shiridi Sai.
Akkineni Nageswara Rao in the initial stages of his career acted and lived in the role of Devadasu. Likewise Nagarjuna did justice for similar type of character in the film Majnu, his fourth film as hero.
Today being his birthday Businessoftollywood.com wish him all success for his coming films Damarukam and Shiridi Sai.