Ravi Shankar Raju popularly known as Ravi Tejawas born in Jaggampeta on 26 January 1968 is a Telugu film actor.His father was a Pharmacist who mostly used to be at Northern part of India, because of which Ravi Teja had his schooling over there itself. Later his family transferred back to Vijayawada andthere he pursuedhis Bachelor in arts degree at Siddhartha Degree College.
Ravi Teja’s passion towards movies drived him to travel to Chennai in 1988, in order to make a career in that sector. After a few years of tough time, Ravi Teja succeeded in finding himself on screen with small roles. Initial films which gave an opportunity to prove himself as an actor are:
- Karthavyam (1991)
- Chaitanya (1991)
- Aaj Ka Goonda Raj (1992)
With the experience in acting, Ravi started to work as an Assistant Director. He even worked for Hindi films and TV shows. Ravi worked as an assistant director for Krishna Vamsi’s Ninne Pelladutha (1996) and also played a small role in it.
Ravi played a full length role in Sindhooram (1997) directed by Krishna Vamsi, brought him recognition, appreciation for his acting and turning point for his career. Later, Nee Kosam (1999) directed by SreenuVaitla fetched an Award for him and acted in many films such as KshemangaVelliLabanga Randi, TirumalaTirupathiVenkatesa and Sakutumba Saparivare Sametham.
- ItluSravaniSubramanyam (2001), Idiot (2002) and AmmaNanna O TamilaAmmayi (2003) were commercial hits at Box office and made him a solo lead actor in Tollywood.
- Khadgam (2002) exposed versatile dimension of Ravi and gave a Block Buster stroke.
- Venky (2004), a hilarious combo of Ravi – SreenuVaitlawas also declared as hit.
Apart from these, he also acted in many films such as Naa Autograph, Shock, Bhadra, Bhageeratha.
- Vikramarkudu (2006) by S.S.Rajamouli evinced Ravi Teja in Frolic and Grievous dual roles,became a Block Buster with a business of 26 crore at Box office and made Ravi Teja a star hero.
- Dubai Seenu (2007) by SreenuVaitla was action, comedy entertainer stood as successful at Box office.
- V.V.Vinayak’sKrishna (2008) also performed well at Box office, also received applauds for comedy.
- Kick (2009) show cased Ravi in a Rage and challenging role and received amazing hit.
- Don Seenu (2010) was successfulwith collections of 25 Crores at Box office.
- Mirapakay (2011) was declared a first Blockbuster hit for Filmy year 2011.
Veera (2011)was a Hit at the Box office, completing 50 Days in 60 Centres and 100 Days in 25 centres.
- Balupucasting by Shruthi Haasan and Anjaliis going to hit theatres in May 2013.
- Jinthatha directed by Koti, a former associate of S. S. Rajamouli.
- Power in the direction of Meher Ramesh.
- Nandini Reddy’s next movie which would go on floors soon.
Distributor Point Of View:
Ravi Teja is one of the actors whose movies surely guarantee the minimum deposit and mostly a hit.Producers &Distributors feel that, even though, most of his movies are low budget ones, they give minimum gurantee at the Box office.